Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year's "Intentions"


I was pondering my goals for 2011 and did not want to make traditional "resolutions" as they may be broken way too soon. I am trying not to fall off the bandwagon prematurely so these are my top ten "intentions" for 2011.

1. Reconnect with God through prayer and reading the Bible. I highly recommend http://www.youversion.com for a personalized reading plan for the Bible. The website offers many different plans and time frames for reading the whole Bible or just partial Bible.

2. Spend quality time with my family which includes alone time with my hubby, too!

3. Make healthy choices for my body, mind, & spirit (I guess that means some exercise and eating mildly unhealthy junk food in moderation )

4. Be proactive with guiding my children through their spiritual development (weekly family devotional time)

5. Laugh and giggle more like my children & don't take myself too seriously!

6. Be grateful for all God has given me. (Less complaining)

7. Be more compassionate and less judgmental towards others.

8. Be more comfortable in my own skin and not care what others think of me.

9. Read more books for leisure (I am a reading teacher after all!)

10. Learn something new and be creative (Still figuring what this could be...maybe scrapbooking?)

No comments:

Post a Comment