Saturday, December 11, 2010

Take the Time to Smell the Roses


Do you take the time to smell the proverbial roses? As a working mom, it's always a challenge to carve out time for yourself to recharge and appreciate the beauty of life.

Well, we were lucky enough to have a warmer day outside today. So what did I do? I break out my semi-new bicycle that hubby bought me for my birthday. In addition to getting much needed exercise, I was able to appreciate some of nature's best views on my bike ride...a family of deer crossing the street, a gaggle of geese dilly-dallying on a soccer field, a delicate bird's nest on a bare tree, and a sun almost setting for the day. As I get older (fighting forty), I find myself appreciating these rather simple yet breathtaking, amazing creations of God more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment