Saturday, December 4, 2010

What's in my Book Bag?


I am a sucker for pop-up books. Although I didn't grow up having many around at home, I have always enjoyed them as works of art. Now as a parent, I enjoy seeing my preschooler interact with the pages. She particularly enjoys those pop-up pages with tabs to pull or flaps to open. I get a total kick out of seeing my little one experience the awe, wonder, and element of surprise when those little fingers pull those tabs. Of course, she doesn't tire of pulling those tabs or flaps over and over again until they are worn and well-loved. When the pop-up is new and "stiff", my little one enlists my help. Of course, I oblige and get in on the action, too! After all, these are brand-new, crisp tabs that have yet to be christened by chubby digits. Me first!

Anyway, this is what's in "my book bag" this week for my preschooler:
Book(s) of the Week: Jingle Bugs, The 12 Bugs of Christmas, Snow Bugs...
all by David Carter

I can't wait to get my hands on some of these delightful, drool-inducing David Carter pop-up books that are just perfect for the holidays. There's nothing like combining colorful cute bugs with the holiday theme and reinforcing basic concepts such as numbers in The 12 Bugs of Christmas. Best of all, you can also sing-along to familiar holiday tunes with Carter's books!

No comments:

Post a Comment